The January Gift Show is happening NOW at Americasmart in Atlanta, and Total Accessories is ready to wow you yet again! This time, we have a brand new vendor to show off – Alyn Vaughn!
This is a brand with a mission! There statement is as follows:
“Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Alyn Vaughn launched in 2017 to broaden the narrative around higher education. Through student apprenticeships young adults learn skills and business acumen without the burden of college debt. On-the-job training provides pivotal 21st century skills such as critical thinking and creative problem solving. The pervasive story line in this country is that attending college is the only path to success. For some, this is true, but not for all. With college tuition rates at an all-time high, the need for alternative opportunities has never been greater. Alyn Vaughn is working to shift this narrative so that vocational school and apprenticeships are embraced as equally esteemed educational paths. For a high school student less inclined to attend college or vocational school, an apprenticeship could be the difference between poverty and realized potential.”
Stop by our Showroom – Building 3, Floor 7, right off the elevators! – to see more!
We are at the point of the year when Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years, seem to eclipse all other holidays. But, we must be careful to keep the next heavy hitting holidays in mind! Valentine’s day is up next, and it’s never too early to start ordering gift items for all the lovers out there. Total Accessories can help your customers share the love with enticing products from your favorite vendors! Here are a few of our picks:
Cool and Interesting jewelry, known as CAI, has amazing picks year-round for gift jewelry! With unique initial necklaces in both gold and silver, an easily customized gift is right here at your fingertips. Their jewelry is sold in prepacked assortments, and also in single packs to make re-orders a cinch. Pictured to the left is a Message Bar Necklace – each necklace has script on the outside, and a special message on the inside that can be revealed by turning the necklace upside down. This kind of unique piece is perfect for a cute little Valentine’s gift! Wholesale on the necklaces is $12.50 in minimums of 2, and assortments are available. For Galentine’s Day, or a sweet gift for your mom, CAI also offers “Best Friends” and “Best Mom Ever” necklaces for $12, wholesale!
For the lady in your life who cannot live without a new handbag every so often, Mary Frances has the perfect hand-beaded accessories! Thankfully, these bags feature adorable novelty designs, and there are PLENTY to choose from for Valentine’s Day, alone! The cross body bags are the exact size you need to carry a cell phone, your lipstick, and a change purse – everything you need when you leave the house. These wholesale for around $33, on average! Hearts, flowers, wine, and more designs leave you with plenty to choose from. To complete your boutique’s fabulous collection of lovely Mary Frances bags, also try the Temptations Heart Shaped Box of Candy novelty handbag! Who needs actual chocolate when you can carry chocolates every day on your bag? Fun and funky, and $135 wholesale and pictured below.
Call Pam or Janet today at Total Accessories to place an order – 800.333.8682.
It’s the time of year when retail is nothing but hustle and bustle. Good thing Total Accessories has you covered with these awesome products that are all ready and waiting to ship to you IMMEDIATELY!
Need a gift for Mom, Grandma, maybe even a man in your life? Galleria has reversible umbrellas that everyone wants! Get a solid color, like black (or red and black for the UGA fan) for the male recipient, and a beautiful art print for a lady’s gift! The unique thing about the reverse-close umbrellas are the ability to fully stay dry while closing them – the rain draws away from the body, rather than toward it. Throw it in your car and look stylish while you keep dry.
Anju Jewelry is a company from Georgia that makes sustainable jewelry in India, employing local artisans that use traditional techniques. The result? Amazing silver and gold plated necklaces and earrings, the Aasha collection made of furniture fabric remnants and wooden beads, and even block-printed bags round out the product line. Anju also debuted a men’s collection last year, so they certainly have everyone on your list covered.
Hands down, the most reordered item in the Total Accessories showroom is the Vivi poncho. Sold in so many colors, this easy wrap will sell so fast you will definitely become part of that large reorder number the moment it hits your racks! It’s one size fits all, acrylic, and wholesales for only $13. Each color is sold in a pack of two. Be sure to look at the colors here and choose based on your store’s needs. Great for the cooler weather, but even better for throwing on over any outfit in cooler air-conditioned buildings and drafty houses.
Give us a call today – 404-523-4418 – at Total Accessories to place an order for any of these items, all shipping RIGHT AWAY!
For Immediate Release: November 9, 2018
Contact: Brad Rosenkampff, Managing Partner
THE LINK COMPANIES ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION AND EXPANSION
Atlanta, Ga – The Link Companies, a leading manufacturers’ representative agency in the gift, home accent, lifestyle apparel and fashion accessory sectors, announces the acquisition of a prominent sales agency and territory expansion. The Link Companies will now have complete representation in the Northeast through Nova Sales Associates and territory managers in Ohio.
Nova Sales Associates (NSA) has an outstanding history with four decades of sales and service across 6 states. Always been a “shining star” in this region, NSA is led by Drew Weisinger and Phil Wacks. The territory managers will continue under their guidance and join The Link Companies team offering a permanent home at the Atlanta markets. Over the course of the next year, NSA will transition to The Northern Link.
Weisinger: “We are thrilled to be merging with The Link Companies. It’s a perfect opportunity for two companies with similar cultures and respected brands along with a mutual vision and shared desire to grow, to join forces and help our retail and vendor partners succeed.”
The Link Companies also announces the hire of territory managers in Ohio, establishing a new agency called The Central Link. Kelly Morris will be VP of Sales for this new agency. “For decades we have worked with Ohioans in our showrooms and we can now offer exemplary service with our professionals on the road, in their stores. We are very excited about this announcement and welcome the opportunity for growth in the Buckeye State,” states Fred Rosenkampff, CEO/ Managing Partner of The Link Companies.
For more information, visit: www.TheLinkCompanies.com
Brad Rosenkampff, CPO/Managing Partner 404.395.8031
The Link Companies
The Southern Link-Link 2 Sales
Total Accessories-Don Mar Sales-Key Sales
The Northern Link-The Central Link
Bldg. 2/Gift Mart 16th floor, Bldg. 3/Apparel Mart 7th floor
follow us on social media:
IG: @_thelinkcompanies FB: @thelinkcompanies TW: @thelinktweets
Not done stocking your store for the Holiday Rush? Did you run out of product earlier than expected! Don’t fret! Total Accessories is here to help with a variety of brands still offering great gift items.
Galleria umbrellas and ponchos are always a fantastic pick when it comes to gifts. The reverse-close umbrella is a hot item right now in the gift world! Galleria offers fine art prints of famous paintings by Monet, Van Gogh, Degas, and more. Not only for the art lover, stained glass prints come in gorgeous, rich colors, and solids round out the assortment so a solid black reverse-close umbrella is just the ticket for a men’s gift.
Coco + Carmen still has stock left for Fall! The ridiculously popular OMG Jeans are back in stock in dark wash denim after being sold out for much of August and September. Comfortable and stylish sweaters, Coco + Carmen’s forte, are also in high demand, so pick up what you can right now by calling or emailing our showroom today!
Of course, the most re-ordered item in the entire showroom are Vivi ponchos. Coming in pretty much every single color of the rainbow, these acrylic ponchos are a complete no-brainer at $13 a piece. They come in packs of 2 per color and are a reasonable buy for all seasons; in the summer, they protect from arctic air conditioning blasts, and in the winter, they are a major part of any ensemble for the cold weather.
Once again, stop by our showroom on the 7th floor of Building 3 at the AmericasMart, or call us at 800-333-8682.
The 2019 color trend predictions are in! Pantone’s color of the year will be announced this December. In September, however, Pantone chooses colors from the runways of New York fashion week to give us an idea of what to expect for color palettes in the new year.
The color picks are meant to transcend seasonality and, with their bright and vibrant hues, point us toward the future with optimism and positivity. Pantone’s take on the reds, oranges, and coral chosen for 2019 is that they reflect enthusiasm and joyfulness, enlivening fashion with a streak of energy. The most obvious and striking colors are a bright blue and hot pink, meant to be theatrical, cheerful, and majestic.
Vogue has a bit of different take on the striking blue and fuchsia; they are calling the blue a “digital blue,” reflecting the shades inside our social media platforms and evoking technology and the future. Also in Vogue’s notes is “whisky brown,” a color Pantone is calling a toffee tone, that looks like wood grain and warms the fashion color palette. The greens, a mossy shade and an olive, remind us of the natural world and how we connect with it. A few other colors we will see are lilacs (also called lavender), goldenrod yellow, bright orange that Vogue says is “vitaminic,” and gray that’s taking over for the black in the “little black (now gray) dress.”
Not to be eclipsed, but rather combined with the fashion colors are the trends for home décor. Sherwin Williams has already announced their colors of the year for 2019, of which the main pick is called “Reflecting Pool.” We can see this greenish blue picked up in the “earthy” colors from the fashion palette, and looking through some of Sherwin Williams’ palettes, we can easily see the shocking fuchsia and a darkened blue that blur the lines between the digital and the physical. Take a look at the sidebar for tips on how to use these colors to your advantage.
At Total Accessories, we like to keep up with the top trends, and that includes knowing when and where the vendors and products we represent show up in the news! Let’s take a look at some of the more recent moments of newsworthiness:
Sondra Roberts, maker of amazing evening handbags, showed up at the 2018 Emmy’s by way of Top Chef host, Gail Simmons. Bravo’s website reports that she wore a Zac Posen dress, and carried a Sondra Roberts bag.
Next up, we found a few shout-outs in Orlando Magazine for both Mary Frances and Sondra Roberts. Pictured in an article entitled, “Fall Fashion: The Art of Accessorizing,” here are a few screen shots of the gorgeous bags featured:
Total Accessories and The Link Companies are lucky to work with so many creative and enthusiastic vendors who are willing to step in and make markets truly epic events. How is this relevant to you and your store? The same vendors we work with are those you buy from, and they are open to assisting you with and sponsoring in store events! The easiest way to set something like this up is by talking to your Link Companies rep. Send a quick email and find out how you can connect with the vendor that has the bestselling merchandise in your store to create a one of a kind event for your customers.
Why go through the trouble of putting on an in store event? In store events are shown to do the following:
- Increase foot traffic in your store. If you offer hot chocolate during a holiday shopping event, the people will come to your store! Even if they don’t buy something, they now know about what you offer.
- Which brings us to brand awareness – coming into the store during an event may be the first time they ever stepped in. Now they can see what brands you carry and make a mental note that they can pick up these products at YOUR place.
- Events are a sales booster. Particularly if you have an event on a Thursday evening, let’s say, and normally your traffic flow on Thursday is relatively slow. Suddenly you have additional cash flow, especially if you offer a little sale or incentive with the event.
- This is a chance for you to do marketing! Be sure your customers are signing up for your social media accounts and newsletters, and offer incentives for them to do so.
Most retailers really push for in store events when traffic is absolutely essential: The Holiday Season! The Link Team sat down and came up with some ideas for your November and December holiday events:
- Wine and Holiday Handbags with Mary Frances! This handbag line has always been known for their adorable novelty purses and clutches. The Holiday season is no exception and they feature multiple styles that refer to the “most wonderful time of the year.”
- Girls-Night-Out events are already a popular theme with retailer events. You could put a twist on this with a “Girls-Night-In” event! Feature products that spell out C-O-M-F-O-R-T, like Coco and Carmen’s lounge wear.
At the event, make sure your customers sign up for your newsletter or social media accounts. You can even turn this into an in-person contest! Have stylists or associates go around and tell customers that by following you on social media and posting about their in-store experience (whether it’s a quick mention on Facebook, or a little picture on Instagram), they have a chance to win a contest! Raffle away items in your store that are hot commodities but not big ticket items.
Still looking for ideas? Check out Gifts & Dec’s nominees for best store events for more! Gifts & Dec also has some excellent Fall Promotions to check out.
As always, you can order at any time by stopping in our showroom on the seventh floor of Building 3, or by calling us at 800-333-8682.
Most businesses in today’s internet-focused landscape do have their own website. There are plenty of ways to make a website appealing to potential customers, but one often overlooked opportunity is a blog. A blog can be something as simple as a quick weekly article promoting the business and products, about the team, a glimpse into the inner workings of the business, or even helpful tips for your customers. With so many potential topics, it’s fairly easy to maintain a blog, though so many businesses disregard its potential power.
Here are five reasons why a Blog is an excellent tool for your business:
- Increases your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). When someone does a search for you on Google, or any other browser, how likely are you to show up? Some lucky stores and businesses have a one-of-a-kind name and show up right away. But others need to work a little harder to pop up when someone searches “small boutique” and the town’s name. Writing a blog with useful and interesting content is a great way to get your website and store in the eye of the Googler.
- Engage with Content. As mentioned previously, the better your content is in the blog, the more you will keep readers coming back for more. Think about an average Monday. How many times are you distracted at work? Most people get tired of looking at their social media feeds and want something else to check out. Offer up tips, tricks, new looks, product information – really, anything that you think will engage your specific audience to gain a repeated readership.
- Engagement with your Customers. Have a contest on your blog! Your readers can potentially win a gift card, or a gift basket from your store if they read the blog and enter to win. Be creative with this. Your customers want to feel like more than a simple transaction. A blog is a great way to share stories about people shopping in store (favorite regulars), or to get feedback on the store or business.
- Link to your Social Media. Maybe you’re already a wiz at social media like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Or, maybe you need a little help gaining followers on these channels. If a customer is on your website, be sure to link to your social media feeds from the website and/or blog. Contests like the one mentioned in the last tip can be run through Facebook or Instagram. Or, you can take a simple Facebook post and add much more content to it by creating a link to a new blog article!
- Sell More! The bottom line is to utilize your website to increase business. Blogging gives you an easy opportunity to highlight products and, in turn, sell more. Have a monthly blog featuring brand new items to your store. Or, do what we did and send out a blast about the best sellers. Customers always want to know what everyone else is buying – show them on your blog. And be sure to give your personal favorites as suggestions, too. Link to your ecommerce site or give instructions on how to buy.
Total Accessories was hustling and bustling during the recent July Gift Show! And with an Apparel Show right around the corner in August, it’s time to take a look at some of the hottest sellers in the showroom.
1. Ponchos from Vivi Designs have consistently been the most re-ordered item. Our customers cannot get enough of these easy-to-wear, easy-to-sell ponchos that are perfect for all seasons and come in so many colors!
2. Sondra Roberts Fall Trend Handbags – we couldn’t accessorize without them! These bags are consistent crowd pleasers, with metallic details, rich fall colors, and the newest styles seen on runways all over the world. Any woman could use one of these for everyday wear, or a clutch for a formal event.
3. iLi New York’s Leather Sunglasses Cases are such a rocking item that many customers choose to order them in every color! With a zipper to keep your glasses secure, these genuine leather cases are simultaneously sleek and adorable.
4. Coco + Carmen’s Novelty tops and sweaters for Fall are on point! Keep your fashion in the game by scooping up some of these best selling ladies’ tops before they sell out. This particular tie sleeve sweater comes in three different shades and looks amazing with Coco’s OMG Jeans.
5. Mary Frances’ cross body phone bags are the beaded bags everyone wants and needs. No matter what your customer is into, these bags tell the story of the carrier. Mary Frances is known for elaborately shaped beaded bags, but these cell phone cross bodies, with a lower price point, open up her bags to a whole new market.
Call or email us today to get any of these best sellers! Or, stop by during the Apparel Show, August 7-11.